CECA offers an extensive range of bitumen additives which provide a wide array of properties for all sorts of applications.
In every part of the world, new roads or pavement maintenance works are carried out. Life span and sustainability are very important for the paving industry. CECA provides a wide range of additives to improve the performance of the bitumen to adapt to all situations.
How to choose your additive?
CECA provides different types of additives depending on the following:
- Adhesion, stability or workability issues
- Adhesion promoters
- Workability additives
- Other additives
CECA offers an extensive range of adhesion promoters that deliver long-term performance.
Why adhesion promoters?
Adhesion agents or antistrips are formulations designed to improve the adhesion properties of binders on the aggregates either when dry or in the presence of water. They promote the wetting of the mineral surfaces by the binder and help prevent the water from breaking up the bond between the mineral and binder.
The effect of adhesion promoters is generally based on two principles:
- active adhesion: a binder’s ability to displace water from the aggregate surface and take its place,
- passive adhesion: a binder’s ability to remain at the aggregate surface in the presence of water.
Using the right adhesion promoter helps considerably in extending the life of the road surface, and therefore in cutting down on road maintenance or repair work.
CECA provides the Cecabase® range for these applications.
Criteria to choose your adhesion promoter well:
- Storage: direct use or several days before construction
- Aggregates: limestone, siliceous, …
- Addition technique: via a bag directly in the mix or addition in the bitumen via a pump
- Form: prills, pasty, liquid, …
Innovative chemistry at the service of the environment
Since 2004, CECA has been serving the pavement industry by manufacturing workability additives, namely its product line. These patented surfactant additives provide all asphalt mix producers and road contractors with ready access to the most straight-forward and most effective technology to enhance the workability of the asphalt, while maintaining the mechanical properties of the asphalt mix.
The benefits brought by the use of Cecabase®RT
- Less fumes and heat
- Lesser smell and green-house gases
- Use of recycled asphalt pavement (RAP) and RAS
- Compaction aid
- Longer hauling (up to 3 times)
- Night and off-season work
- 20 to 30% energy savings
- Increased plant capacity (up to 30%)
- Faster compaction and opening to traffic
Cecabase®RT products are added directly to the bitumen, in a tank or in the line, just like adhesion agents. Thanks to the very low dosage required, the use of Cecabase®RT ranks among the least costly additive techniques.
With Cecabase®RT for warm asphalt mix, CECA has genuine experience in difficult techniques such as high modulus course “EME”, very thin surface course “BBTM”, asphalt mix with polymer-modified binder and with crumb rubber.
Environmental issues, a field of innovation
- CECA relentlessly continues its innovation drive in warm mix asphalt, for example by offering even “greener” bitumen additives. Cecabase®RT Bio10 increases workability in the same way as other Cecabase®RT grades, while offering unrivalled environmental advantages.
- More recently, we have promoted the use of RAP and RAS with the Cecabase®RT at the E&E congress of Prague from June 1st to 3rd, 2016.
Rapid setting emulsions: the strength of CECA’s Additif V100
The rheology Additif V100 improves stability during storage, and prevents spillage during application thanks to a higher viscosity brought to the emulsion.
The Additif V100 is used in rapid setting emulsions at a low dosage (50 to 600 g /T) in aqueous phase or directly in the emulsion.
- Tack coat
- Surface dressing
- Emulsions with low binder content