Foaming phenomena occur virtually at every stage in the oil and gas industry. In most cases, these are troublesome phenomena that need to be eliminated and, where possible, prevented altogether.
The main drawbacks of foaming are:
- need to shut down the plant
- drop in production capacity
- disruption of control equipment, hence plant operation
- deterioration of the crude oil produced
CECA offers two different product types:
- water-soluble products designed to fight foam in aqueous or mixed media (i.e. water - hydrocarbons),
- oil-soluble products that deal with foam in hydrocarbon media.
The first type is used in dehydration plants using glycol and in gas scrubbing plants using alcanolamines, while the most common application for the second type is in oil and gas separators.